by Dr. José Carlos Martins da Rosa
PREREQUISITE* previously attended the IDR course/workshop.
Single-tooth replacement in the esthetic zone has been one of the most common indications for dental implant placement. Compromised teeth are removed using atraumatic principles and immediately replaced by an implant-supported provisional restoration, with excellent esthetic, biological, and functional results.
However, the clinical scenario presents a different dilemma in cases of compromised sites with bone loss/gingival recessions. Until now, all developed surgical recommendations required long-term treatment with possible undesirable complications in the tissue architecture.
The Immediate Dentoalveolar Restoration (IDR) technique is a surgical and prosthetic protocol established to broaden indications for immediate loading on individual teeth. In this way, tissue losses with various extensions are reconstructed in the same surgical session of implant placement and provisional crown installation, reducing the number of interventions and keeping predictability on esthetic aspects. The IDR technique was developed more than 15 years ago from the need to minimize the treatment time and morbidity of reconstructive procedures used in these cases.
This course discusses the scientific basis, the step-by-step technique, and indications. The IDR technique advocates minimally invasive surgery and flapless procedures, is presented as a viable and reproducible alternative.
Several clinical cases will be presented showing one or more compromised socket walls of the tooth involved, with or without gingival margin changes, with long-term clinical, radiographic, and CT scan follow-up.
HANDS-ON WORKSHOP GOALS
The main goals of the IDR hands-on training are to:
- demonstrate the improvement of the practitioner’s management of compromised fresh extraction sockets in the esthetic zone;
- explain the step-by-step, indications, and advantages of de IDR concept;
- describe how to obtain an autogenous bone graft from maxillary tuberosity in the easiest way possible;
- review the management of the graft and complete reconstruction of the alveolar defects.
In the IDR hands-on, the participants will be able to apply all the steps related to the technique on IDR models specially developed for this course.
LIVE DEMONSTRATION AND LIVE PATIENT SURGERY TRAINING
In this course, Dr. José Carlos Martins da Rosa, inventor of the IDR technique, will perform a live demonstration surgery. And better than that, each participant will have the opportunity to perform 5 (FIVE) complete IDR surgeries on patients. With this new program, participants will be able to perform all the steps of the IDR technique on patients and perform the best training ever worldwide on the IDR technique.
So come live this experience with us!
What is included?
- Each participant will have the opportunity to perform 5 (FIVE) complete IDR surgeries on patients.
- Each IDR surgery is comprised of; tooth extraction, bone & soft tissue graft harvest from tuberosity, extraction-site bone & soft tissue grafting, immediate implant placement, and immediate temporization.
- Dental Infection Control & Safety in Oral Implantology complementary 4-hour Online-Course.
- LIVE Surgical & Prosthetic training on patients.
- 35 CE credit hours by AGD – PACE – Subject Code – 690 (Implants)
- 4 CE credit hours by AGD – PACE – Subject Code – 148 (Infection Control)
- Two-Course Certificates.
- Corresponding CE credits Certification by ToothCE.
- Implants, abutments, and bio-materials used on patients.
- All surgeries will be performed under the direct supervision of a board-certified maxillofacial surgeon, prosthodontic faculty, and implant master instructors.
- Course registration includes one FREE IDR Surgical Kit valued at $1800.
- Daily course break snacks and lunch.
- Sunday ‘Welcome’ cocktail reception.
- Friday night ‘Graduation’ Dinner at course completion.
Not included airfare, hotel accommodations, daily ground transportation, dinners, and tourism.
Event Location: TBD – Ohio
BE THE FIRST TO VIEW
VIDEO COURSE DETAILS
39 CE Credits
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the standards of the Academy of General Dentistry Program Approval for Continuing Education (PACE) through the Joint Program Provider Approval of ‘ToothCE’ and ‘Camarlengo Dental Institute.’
ToothCE is approved for awarding FAGD/MAGD credit.
AGD Provider ID # 394660